- Call to Order
- Minutes – emailed and posted online
- Treasurer’s Report – read, more than last month
- Convention Reports
- Nearly beat ICON for attendance, 523 people!!!
- Signed contract for Gamicon 25 Mn, Feb.26-28, 2016 at the Iowa City Sheraton.
- next staff meeting Mar 21, 1:30 pm at Denny’s
- haven’t heard back from Wylde Nept yet.
- Other Projects
- Old Business
- Purchasing Video Game items for Mindbridge is complete.
- Board budgeting retreat (We must decide on a place and time this meeting. Our fiscal year ends this month.) Sunday Mar 22nd at 1:30 PM at Denny’s
- New Business
- Gamicon needed a debit card. It had to use the Mindbridge one and transfer money. It has one now.
- Paying forward for AI2018 and AI2019.
- $7, 000 now, $6,000 July 1
- Following payments from AI budgets.
- Alyssa Kritz is going to be the contact for the remainder of the time.
- New/more Credit Card readers for the conventions (Jon will discuss): MB has 4 square readers which can be used with ipad, apple iphone and android phones, just need to pre-arrange with Jon M. which could be done for art show folks, etc.
- ICON 40 Budget questions (After Meeting)
- Request from Denny to bring Gregory Frost, a founding member of ICON in to 40. Asking for $499.00. Approved by the board.
Request for supplementary funding:
For ICON 40
I would like to request additional funding from Mindbridge for the purpose of bringing Gregory Frost in as an extra guest. We think a grant of $500 will be sufficient.
Greg is a founding member of ICON and is a good participant in writing workshops and on other panels.
In addition, he has been nominated for every major writing award in the field of fantasy literature: Nebula, Tiptree and Sturgeon.
He is a writing instructor at Swarthmore College in Philadelphia and has also been on the staff of many other writer’s workshops, including Clarion. He also takes part in the Interstitial Arts Association.
We would like to pay for his airfare from Philadelphia and pay for his meals while he is here. We will figure out his housing later.