Mindbridge Board and General Membership Meetings
September 7, 2016 at 7 pm CR Hy-Vee (20 Wilson Avenue SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404)
- Call to Order
- Minutes — Posted online and approved.
- Treasurer’s Report — we have about $63K less than last month after paying AI hotel bill.
- Convention Reports
- Programming making good progress.
- Doing storage locker audit/verify Saturday Sep 10 at 11 AM at storage locker followed at 1:30 pm by staff meeting at Coralville Public Library.
- Next staff meeting Sunday Sep 18, 6:30 pm at Ryans.
- no Sept meeting. Next meetings Oct 15 and Nov 5, 2 pm at Coralville Marriott
- Did live streaming on youtube of the masquerade
- Other Projects
- Game Library
- Report from AI. (Jon) Monthly games were Friday (Suburbia) and Sunday (Dead Last).
- Had 475 game checkouts. Several games were donated to the library.
- Next demo: Friday Oct 14 at The Hobby Corner 5 pm — Dead Of Winter The Long Night
- Book Group: Monday, September 19th, 6 pm, Scooter’s Coffee (formerly Coffeesmith’s), Variation Seven by Mike Manolakes.
- Game Library
- Old Business
- Pens — ICON pens. Artwork ready and approved. Robin has go-ahead to order.
- Badge wallets — moved and approved to order 500 blank wallets. ICON to provide artwork to Robin to have printed on about 100 wallets.
- New Business
- 50th Star Trek Showing Sunday, September 11th, Springville Memorial Library, the Buresch reading room 10 am to 10 pm (Steve Tait) – *CANCELED*
- Iowa City Book Fair, Saturday, October 8th, 10am — 4 pm. (ICON staff, we have a booth)
- Fields of Honor Gaming Convention, Johnston Iowa, Sept. 23-25 at the Stoney Creek Inn. Pre-reg ends on Sept. 16th.
- ICON 42 bid submitted by John Johnson, Jenny Carhoff and Christopher Harmon.
Next Meeting: October 5th, 2016, 7 pm at the ARC of Southeast Iowa