August 3, 2016 7 pm ARC of Southeast Iowa
- Call to Order
- Minutes – posted online, approved.
- Treasurer’s Report – we have money
- Convention Reports
- Still entering registrations, total attendance between 3700 and 4000. No major incidents.
- Did special Sunday one day deal – if pre-registered for AI 2017 could get in on Sunday at no additional cost. AI doesn’t sell one day memberships so otherwise they would have had to pay the full weekend rate.
- Prepping for next year, July 28-30 2017 at Coralville Marriott, theme is “The Dark Carnival of Pigs”
- Next staff meeting Saturday August 27 at 1:30 PM in Coralville Public Library room B then Saturday September 10 at 11 AM at the Storage Locker to audit & tag everything that should come to ICON, staff meeting following at 1:30 PM.
- Need concom for 2017.
- Beth needs actors for TICC skit.
- Next staff meeting Sunday August 14 at Ryans, 6:30 PM
- Other Projects
- Old Business
- Pens — Paid for and in use at AI. (example was passed around). Pens were very popular, as planned many were “acquired” by attendees.
- Board moved, seconded and passed for Mindbridge to purchase 300 pens for ICON for about $210. John Johnson will get artwork from ICON for the pens and send to Robin to handle the purchase.
- New Business
- Board approved paying $250 bill for membership database Uploader program.
- Volunteering, staffing and being overworked oh my…
- AI especially needs more volunteers, ICON and Gamicon as always could use more volunteers.
- AI looking at a deal for Mindbridge members only where working for 8 hours would get a comp badge.
- Victoria moved to buy 1000 bags with 2 sided printing, one side for Mindbridge/AI/ICON/Gamicon and one side for Hobby Corner, sharing the cost with Hobby Corner. Passed. Shawn will meet with Tim at THC to work out details, need fresh artwork for Mindbridge side. Printing will be max 12 inches high and 8 inches wide on each side.
- PokÃ©mon Go anyone?
Moved to adjourn was seconded, thirded, fourthed and possibly fifthed.
Next Meeting: September 7th, 2016 at Hy-Vee 7 pm – NOT at Denny’s!
20 Wilson Avenue SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
Take I-380 to Wilson Avenue SW (Exit 18). Go East to Bowling St. Hy-Vee is on the NW corner of that intersection. We have the room upstairs at the Hy-Vee, about a mile North of Dennny’s house.
It is free if we buy food there. There is no minimum amount, but they don’t allow any outside food to be brought in. SO PLAN TO GET YOUR SUPPER THERE AND EVERYONE SHOULD FIND WHAT THEY LIKE.
(If we don’t buy food, it’s $25 / hour!!)