Minutes for September 4th Mindbridge Meeting
- Call to Order
- Minutes from the August Meeting were not read, but were posted on the Mindbridge website.
- Highlights from the Treasurer’s Report were read.
- Next meeting Saturday, September 14th from 6 to 9 pm at the Denny Lynch home.
- Planning more publicity for the DreamCon event.
- Looking for another guest liason.
- Next meeting Sunday, September 8th at Nigel and Susan’s home at 6:30 pm.
- Preregistration opens online this week.
- First meeting of the year October 19th at 2:00 pm at the Coralville Convention Center.
- Other Projects
- Game Library — A few new games added and there will be a game demo at Hobby Corner this Friday evening.
- Book Group — Monday September 16th at Coffee Smiths in Cedar Rapids at 6 pm. They will be discussing The Android’s Dream by John Scalzi.
- Film Group —Friday, September 27th at the McKibben home at 6:30 pm. They will be viewing Perfect Blue.
- Old Business
- Update on Mindbridge Reads: Mark McKibben still in the lead with 112 books. 367 books read, 1646 to go.
- New Mindbridge Harassment Policy will soon be posted on the website and elsewhere. Thanks to Michele Maakestad for working it up.
- New Business
- A bid for the 2014 ICON in the works.
- There will be a meeting coming in soon to discuss modifications to the Mindbridge database.
- We will be changing the meeting time for Mindbridge membership and board meetings. The Board will meet at 6:00 pm in at all locations. The membership meetings will follow at 7:00 pm in all locations.
- Mindbridge will be manning a booth at the upcoming Iowa Book Fair. Steve Tait will be our point of contact.
- A social event will follow the next Mindbridge meeting in Iowa City at a time and place to be determined.
Next Mindbridge meeting: October 2nd at 7 pm at the Iowa City Public Library.
The images attached to this post were the winners of this round’s Geek Food contest.